False alarms are a huge problem in the security industry as they are not only costly, but also time consuming and could be potentially compromising to a client in genuine distress.
A false alarm is one that is triggered unnecessarily on a regular basis. Top Security Systems responds to each of these as if a burglary is in progress, wasting precious time that could be dedicated to real problems. For TSS to continue delivering the absolute best service in the security industry, we need your help in combating this scourge of false alarms!
Be a part of the solution, not the problem.
How you can help?
- Keep a sheet with operating procedures handy. Request thorough training from your sales consultants, so that you are comfortable with how your alarm works.
- Everyone who has a key to your home must know how to operate your alarm system.
- Know how much time you have to arm and disarm your alarm system.
- Service, maintain and test your system with the TSS Control Room on a regular basis. This includes your portable pendant panic button.
- Before leaving your home, ensure that all windows are closed and lock all protected doors and windows.
- Keep TSS informed of any changes in your telephone service such as new numbers, call-waiting, exchange locking or fax-lines.
- When a false alarm occurs – Don’t Panic! Enter your disarm code to reset the alarm and call TSS Alarm Control and give them your PASSCODE (this is different from your disarming code).
- Understand that every time your alarm goes off, it is like calling 10111.
- Insects cause false alarms – spray regularly around sensors.
- Always keep the yard of your business premises neat to ensure no obstacles i.e. branches or papers to set the outside beams off.